Rail traffic suspended as Hazara Express derails

Pakistan Railways officials said that the railway traffic was suspended temporarily but it will be reopened soon after completion of maintenance work.
Railway officials said that no loss of life was reported due to train derailment.
Earlier on January 27, 2026, four bogies of the Quetta-bound Jaffar Express, travelling from Peshawar, derailed after a blast damaged the railway track linking Sindh and Balochistan.
Railway officials in Sultankot said the explosion occurred on the section of track between Sultankot and Jacobabad in Sindh.
A senior Pakistan Railways official confirmed that no deaths or injuries were reported in the incident.
“Four bogies derailed after the blast damaged the track,” the official told, adding that repair work began once the area was cleared.
A relief train was dispatched to the site to help restore traffic on the main line.
The Jaffar Express has been repeatedly targeted over the past year.
In November, the train escaped an armed attack in the Bolan Pass area of Balochistan’s Kachhi district and a separate bomb attack in Nasirabad district.
from Latest Pakistan News - SUCH TV https://ift.tt/7il5Fz8
No comments